4 May 2016

Tiny Blooms - # 30 - Peony and Lilac



This series of blog posts - called 'Tiny Blooms' - are about small flower arrangements. Small - might be the size of the container or it could be the size of the flowers or the amount of stems. It can also be that the arrangement is minimal both in presentation and that it's simple, quick and easy to do. Apart from that there are no other strict rules - I'm allowing myself a lot of creative freedom!



We are now heading into a period of pure pleasure when it comes to flowers. Late spring and then quickly straight into summer - or that is often what happens here in London. There is just an abundance of stunning flowers in a range of delightful colours. 


I found some pretty pink peonies at my favourite flower stall and combined them with some deep purple lilacs from my garden. 

I made a small hand-tied posy using three peonies and three sprigs of lilac. I secured them with a rubber band and then tied a narrow light pink ribbon from Jane Means collection of ribbons around the stems - as high up as possible. 

I used a vintage laboratory clear glass jar as a vase and let the ends of the ribbon trail down the side. 

Quick, easy and absolutely seasonal - for very little money.  


Enjoy your flower arranging and have a fabulous and floral Wednesday!



I'll be be back on Friday with more floral delight from Of Spring and Summer and Titti Malmberg of HWIT BLOGG.



Ingrid 



~ xoxo ~

For more floral inspiration follow me on:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...