7 December 2015

Tiny Blooms - # 20 - Dark Pink Anemone




This series of blog posts - called 'Tiny Blooms' - are about small flower arrangements. Small - might be the size of the container or it could be the size of the flowers or the amount of stems in each container. It can also be that the arrangement is minimal both in presentation and that it's simple, quick and easy to do. Apart from that there are no other strict rules - I'm allowing myself a lot of creative freedom!

Five dark pink Anemones in an almost identical coloured little vase. Sometimes colour matching comes easy and sometimes it can take longer to find the right colour. This time I just opened my prop cupboard and there it was staring me in the face!

Anemones usually have a layer of frilly or fringed leaves and unless they are damaged, when I would obviously remove them, I would keep the leaves as I think they are quite decorative. 

Measure the flower stems against the side of the vase and cut the stems so that the frill of leaves sit just above the edge of the vase. Vary the length a little bit to give some movement and interest.

These Anemones are so colourful and decorative that they don't really need any other flowers or foliage. If you have enough flowers - make up a few little vases and group them together - the more the merrier. 

Quick, simple and perfect for the holiday season! 


Have a Lovely Floral Monday!

I'll be back later in the week with more floral delights from 
Of Spring and Summer.

Ingrid 

~ xoxo ~

[Styling and Photography: © Ingrid Henningsson/Of Spring and Summer.]

You can also find me on:


Pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/ofspringsummer/


1 comment:

Frances said...

Brilliant paring of flowers and vase, with that frilly green accent...Ingrid, you've done it again!

What a glorious sight you've provided on a Monday morning. I did see a few of these blooms at the farmers market on Saturday...almost bought them, but had too many other stops to make on my errand pathway. Perhaps next visit....

xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...