29 November 2015

Florets - Floral Quote - # 91 - by Jane Packer



White Amaryllis

" When it comes to choosing flowers for the living room, first consider your space. It's essential to select blooms that coordinate with the other colours in the room. Although I usually like to ring the changes, I have to admit that at home I turn to the same old favourites time and time again - dramatic, luxurious red blooms such as roses or amaryllis, largely due to the fact that they are perfectly offset by the moody grey shade of my sitting room walls."

~ Jane Packer ~ 


[Jane Packer (1959-2011): British florist and founder of Jane PackerFlowers and flower school, author of thirteen books.]
[Quote from: At Home With Flowers (2011) by Jane Packer.]
[Flowers: White Amaryllis.]
[Container: Vintage clear glass cylindrical container - that holds the tall Amaryllis stems upright.]
[Styling and Photography © Ingrid Henningsson/Of Spring and Summer.]

Have a wonderful floral Sunday!

I will be back tomorrow Monday with the last post of the month - 'Flowers of the Month' - I'll be showing all the flower arrangements I have featured on the blog during November .

~ xoxo ~

Ingrid


[Styling and Photography: © Ingrid Henningsson/Of Spring and Summer.]



1 comment:

Frances said...

Ingrid, I liked the photograph and Jane Packer's quote. It's a bit like some of us figuring out which colors or styles of clothing best suit us, and playing to those strengths.

Happy weekend to you! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...