29 December 2014

Tiny Blooms - # 5 - Cyclamen as Cut Flowers



This series of blog posts - called 'Tiny Blooms - are about small arrangements. Small - might be the size of the container or it could be the size of the flowers or the amount of stems in each container. It will also be that the arrangement is minimal both in presentation and that it's quick and easy to do. Apart from that there are no other strict rules - I'm allowing myself a lot of creative freedom!


Over the month of December I've been doing a few inspirational posts - that I've called 'Black and White Christmas' - and as it's still December - here is another one for the the New Year. 

Well, they are mostly white - with some black additions - and mixing contemporary elements with some vintage. 

As my 'tiny bloom' I have used yet again some white Cyclamen - but this time it's the smaller variety. But instead of displaying the whole pot with the flowers - I decided to use the cyclamens as a cut flower. 

I had earlier bought quite a few little pots with lots of cyclamen buds - I kept them outside and they very happily opened up its beautiful little flowers. 

So for this little project I cut about 30 stems and put them all in a little black vase.

As we are still in the holiday season - I added a Swedish vintage wooden toadstool, some plump cranberries and in the background I've displayed a mini Christmas tree.

All very quick and easy - the flowers last for about a week and if you plant the cyclamen in your garden - it will come back year after year.



Have a Lovely Floral Day!

I'll see you later in the week!

~ xoxo ~

Ingrid 


[Styling and Photography © Ingrid Henningsson for Of Spring and Summer.] 

5 comments:

Janneke said...

I love easy arrangements. Using Cyclamen as a cut flower is new to me,
I wonder how long we can keep them on water, I´ll give it a try soon as I have a pot of Cyclamen in the greenhouse.
Wish you a Healthy, Happy and Wonderful Flower arranging 2015!

Frances said...

Ingrid, this is the first time I've ever seen cyclament appear as cut flowers. As always, your arrangement is so beautiful!

I admit that my overheated apartment is not the most kind environment for the series of cyclamen plants I have purchased in the past two months. Even so, I try to care for them as best I can, and have thoroughly enjoyed their lovely blossoms and leaves. (If those insistent drillers were not still at work on the building's facade, I would have been able to have some open windows, but this year it is not posssible.)

Perhaps the drilling project will be ending soon in this arriving Happy New Year.

xo

HWIT BLOGG said...

Oh så fint! Jag klarar aldrig denna blomma tyvärr, den bara slokar efter några dagar...
Fin som en liten snittblomma också ser jag, det ska jag testa!
Varm kram till dig,
Titti

Aida said...

Cyclamen are pretty little blooms. And white was perfect for that vase. Love that toadstool. Lovely images.
Do you use light diffuser on your images? Just wondering.

Hope you have a Wonderful new year.

Lisa Gordon said...

Just beautiful, Ingrid.
I wish you a bright and wonderful New Year, and thank you for a the beauty you shared here with us in 2014. xo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...